Famous Đakovo Cathedral
The first thing any visitor sees are the two towers and the dome of the most beautiful cathedral in the area between Venice and Istanbul. These are the most elevated points of Đakovo and they provide a spectacular view of the whole Town and its surrounding area with fields touching the sky at the horizon. The Town of Đakovo is located in the heart of the historic region Slavonia in the eastern part of Croatia. The first written accounts of Đakovo date from 1239 in the gift deed of Croatian Duke Koloman to the Bosnian Bishop Ponsa, which made bishops lords of Đakovo and the Đakovština area. That was the beginning of the history of Đakovo. Đakovo is still the town of bishops – the seat of the Diocese of Đakovo-Syrmia. There are accounts of Đakovo bearing similar names in different periods throughout its history: Dyaco, Diaco, Dyacow, etc.
- The Cathedral of St. Peter and St. Paul in Đakovo
- Đakovo Embroidery - folklore festival
- The Day of town of Đakovo
- Art Noveau building of the Theological Seminary
- The Memorial Museum of Bishop Josip Juraj Strossmayer