The Centre of the World
For centuries Ludbreg has been a popular place of pilgrimage. In 1320 the city was mentioned for the first time as Castrum Ludbreg. The name of the town comes probably from a crusader named Lobring, who founded the settlement. The renovated Castle of Batthyány is home to a well-known restoration workshop. Ludbreg is also a region of vineyard cultivation (especially Riesling and Graševina). The town became famous after the eucharistic miracle, that happened in the castle chapel in 1411 and was investigated and confirmed by pope Leo X in 1513. According to ancient legend, it was in Ludbreg that the circles of the Earth were thought up and drawn. All the larger European metropolises are found on the circumferences of the circles.
- The chapel of the Holy Cross of Batthyany Castle
- The Sanctuary of the Precious Blood of Christ
- The parish church of the Holy Trinity
- The Ludbreg restoration centre
- ZB Art gallery