Town on the Banks of the River Neretva
Metković is a city in the Dubrovnik-Neretva County of Croatia, located in the southeast of the country, on the banks of the river Neretva and on the border with Herzegovina. The city was first mentioned in a 1422 court document as a small farming town. It remained this way until the nineteenth century. During this period the city found renewed investment from the country's Austrian rulers. With the arrival of the area's first post office and school, as well as the increase of trade with the Ottoman Empire, the city began to flourish. One of the city's landmarks is its Church of St. Elijah, the city's patron saint.
- Church of St. Elijah
- Na Neretvu misečin pala - folk festival
- Roman night in Narona - historical festival
- Boat marathon
- International tin music festival